I’m tired of fighting with this blog
Yes, I am once again woefully behind but once again, I’m not willing to sit for an hour trying to upload photos only to have the internets not cooperate and not load any of my pictures of you, kitten. I’m so over it. That being said, I’ve definitely been neglecting keeping up on the “you-isms” of late. There is so much funny happening right now that I need to start documenting more. So here goes, a snippet of you over the last month:
* I have gone from being “Mama” to being “Mama Bria”. At first I was a bit irked but then your Mum reminded me that this is how we refer to all the other mamas that we know and you’re only categorizing me in the same way.
* After wondering if you would ever start singing, you started singing on our trip to the east coast in October and haven’t stopped since. You have several songs memorized and you love to sing them over and over and over again. “Jack O’ Lantern”, “She’ll Be Comin’ Round the Mountain” and “Deedle Deedle Dumpling” are three of your current favorites but you also love “Happy Birthday” and have just recently learned “Jingle Bells” as well.
* You also have many many books completely memorized. We’re not talking board books here. We’re talking 20 pages with lots of words on each. Your all time favorite that you repeat on a loop? “Mama Always Comes Home”.
* Even though we attempted to introduce a little bit of video time to your repetoire during our plane rides in October, you still have zero interest in any media that isn’t a home movie of yourself.
* EVERYTHING gets repeated. Luckily, Mama and Mum are fairly careful with our language but you still manage to repeat and then claim some pretty hilarious phrases.
* Your obsession with your babies continues. You seem to have a growing collection and prefer to take them everywhere with you though Mama generally makes you limit it to one or two per outing. You have a sling and Ergo for your babies now and you like to wear both simultaneously.
* You also love to pretend to be a baby who whines/feels sad and needs either a pacifier or a diaper change. Your favorite game is for me to lay you down and pretend to take off your poopy diaper. Then you run away calling yourself “cousin Avery!”. Mama then must pretend to wipe you and put on myriad ointments before putting on a new clean pretend diaper. The minute I’m done, you claim to have another poopy diaper and the whole thing begins anew. Hilarious.
* You’ve started thanking people for everything in the most sincere way imaginable. Every time you’re given something you like or served something yummy, you always request to go back and say thank you. It makes your mama melt just a little more every time.
Every day I wish I could run a 24 hour video of you. So precious. So witty. Such trouble in all the best ways possible.